Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Best National Anthem Renditions

I just saw on the Time website that they had a list of the 10 worst performances of the National Anthem. I don't have quite the readership of Time, but I felt compelled to make a list of my favorite National Anthem performances. It's amazing how many of them are Super Bowl performances.

I've only listed 8, but it's getting late. They're in no particular order, except Whitney Houston, who is at the top.

- Whitney Houston

- Marvin Gaye

- Jimi Hendrix

- Faith Hill

- Beyonce

- Mariah Carey

- Carrie Underwood

- Combined Choirs from the US Naval Academy, US Air Force Academy, US Military Academy at West Point and US Coast Guard Academy

1 comment:

laurafingerson said...

The girls and I watched all of them! And even a couple more from the youtube sidebar links. They loved it and wanted more, more, more. Whitney Houston was a hit, but my favorite was the academy choirs. Wow.